The ILC leadership and impact activities over the past five years has and is supporting provincial, national and international advancements in evidence based resources:
Dr. Norm Buckley, BA (Psych), Professor and Chair, Department of Anesthesia, Michael G DeGroote School of Medicine, McMaster University
- Principle applicant, noted as ILC Medical Director, successful CIHR SPOR Grant for Chronic Pain Network to direct new research, train researchers and clinicians, increase access to care for chronic pain sufferers, and speed up the translation of the most recent research into the reality of care. – ILC Support Letter
Dr. Patricia Poulin, C.Psych., Clinical, Health, and Rehabilitation Psychologist, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute and Dr. Jennifer Stinson, RN-EC, PhD, CPNP, Mary Jo Haddad Nursing Chair in Child Health, Peter Lougheed CIHR New Investigator, Scientist, Child Health Evaluative Sciences, Nurse Practitioner, Chronic Pain Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Associate Professor, Lawrence S. Bloomberg, Faculty of Nursing, University of Toronto
- CIHR SPOR Patient-Engagement – Provided forum for researchers interested in learning about what research questions are important from the perspective of people living with chronic pain and their families.
Dr. Jennifer Stinson – Hospital for Sick Children
- CIHR Grant to develop and test a smartphone application for young people with chronic pain – August 2013
- CIHR Grant: ‘iCanCope with Pain: An Integrated Smartphone and Web Self-management Program for Adolescents and Young Adults with Chronic Pain’ – July 2014
- CIHR Grant to develop a pediatric chronic pain registry – September 2013
- Nomination Support Letter forCIHR Gold Leaf Award 2016
Dr. Allen Finley, Professor of Anesthesia and Psychology, Dalhousie University, Dr. Stewart Wenning Chair in Pediatric Pain Management, Director, Centre for Pediatric Pain Research, IWK Health Centre, Dr. Christine Chambers and Dr. Patrick McGrath, IWK
Grant for ChildPainNetwork of Centres of Excellence (NCE) – June 2014
- “We are very grateful for the generous contribution provided by the ILC Foundation, which will help strengthen the network by supporting the Knowledge Translation and Dissemination Research Theme, along with other areas in the network. We are therefore contacting you with the hope that the ILC Foundation would be willing to partner with us in the exciting NCE application. There are numerous creative ways we could envision partnering with the ILC Foundation. For example, matching funds for trainees or new recruits, research operating funds, etc. Given that the ILC Foundation’s mission includes improving the health and well-being of children suffering from chronic pain, partnering with us could be a way of furthering the reach of the ILC and increasing capacity and innovation.”
Canadian Medical Cannabis Council
ILC Facilitated Research Initiatives:
- Aniara Diagnostica Inc. grant for Thrombosis in Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- Ehlers Danlos Society – EDS2016 Symposium
- The ILC & ILC Canadian Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Foundation represents Canada in the international effort to advance evidence based diagnostic and treatment criteria.
Collaborative Submission to Health Canada Advisory Panel on Healthcare Innovation
Canadian Medical Cannabis Council – Patient Advisory Committee
Pain Action Canada – Revitalization of National Pain Strategy & Campaign
Video presentation from SPOR
French subtitles are available on the video.